Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pottery Barn, Oh Pottery Barn

Dear PB,

Please tell me why I can't afford your living room furniture and decorating accessories?  My home/living space has some pottery and (some may think) similar looking to the inside of a barn, but it's definitely not popping out of any luxury home catalog.

After weeks of becoming obsessively bored with my living room and the want for new decorating ideas, I find myself browsing the websites like PB, Crate & Barrel, West Elm and Hardware Restoration, just to name a few.  And after browsing, I come to the realization I may never afford these items... Are they kid-friendly? and will these beautiful pieces cooperate with a 70 lb. boxer?

Down and out for no apparent reason, I felt the need for some retail therapy.  During my lunch break today, I found a great steal at TJ's  - a vintage, over-sized glass wine bottle for only $5.50!  So, I'm thinking its a start?  It's not the Buchanan Sleeper Sofa for $1300 that I feel could be a necessity to any living room, but it's a definite start!

No comments:

Post a Comment